Casino payment methods
One of the most important criteria for choosing a reliable online casinos 2023 should be payment systems, through which you can both make a deposit and withdraw your winnings. In this article, we will look in detail at the most relevant payment systems, their main differences and the advantages of each.
Best online casino payment methods
Bonus 100% + 20 free spins
100% to €1000 plus 100 FS
Ways to Deposit at casino online payment methods
The importance of fast deposits and withdrawals at casino online real money cannot be overestimated, as millions of gamblers are scrambling to find instant and cheap casino payment methods at their favourite gambling houses. Searching for online casinos with bank transfers, credit and debit cards, digital and mobile wallets, prepaid cards and cryptocurrencies – which one of these is best suited for online gambling? Which one will allow you to save on fees and not cause disruption? Well, we’ve got good news for you: just 10 minutes of reading this article will take you away from learning about the best payment methods used at today’s online casinos. You’ll learn all about:
- Credit and debit cards;
- Prepaid cards;
- Electronic wallets;
And if you suddenly see that your casino payment isn’t already listed, don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll be sure to add it!
Options payment methods casino
Whether you are an experienced player or are about to try your luck at gambling for the first time, you need to know all the available payment casino options:
- Visa and MasterCard. Visa and MasterCard are by far the most popular payment methods at online casinos. Available in over 200 countries and territories and in an unknown number of casinos, this payment method guarantees all the advantages a modern player needs – instant deposits and withdrawals, low fees, security and fraud protection. The latter is especially true for credit cards: you can request a chargeback and get your money back if you can prove the casino cheated you. However, both Visa and MasterCard are simply payment methods, not payment providers, which means that interest rates, fees, transaction speed and other details depend on the bank involved in the transaction. In general, MasterCard is more cost-effective with fees as low as 1%, compared with 3% for Visa.
- Wire transfer. Combines all electronic money transfers from one place to another, be it a instant bank transfer casino uk from one bank to another or a PayPal / Skrill / Western Union top-up at an online casino in Britain, the USA, Canada or anywhere else in the world. However, in most situations “bank transfer to casino” means the same thing as a classic “bank transfer”, so we are going to equalise the two definitions so as not to confuse you further (hereinafter bank transfer = bank transfer).
- Electronic wallets. Electronic wallets can be a win-win option for those who want to combine privacy and security. Electronic wallets usually work instantly, although most charge much higher fees than, say, cryptocurrencies. Remember that with mobile e-wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay, you have to connect your credit/debit card to your account to be able to pay.
The largest payments provider in the world. PayPal is free, fast, easy to use, mobile-friendly and completely secure. However, casino paypal payment charges a 2.9% fee on business accounts, and so some casinos are trying to compensate by charging a fee on PayPal deposits, not to mention that banks also charge a fee on transfers from PayPal accounts. Regardless, PayPal is one of the best e-wallet options in terms of its global reach and maximum security.
- It works in more than 30 currencies, so it can be found at hundreds of online casinos worldwide. Skrill charges a per-transaction fee: a full price list is available on the system’s official website, so note that Visa-to-Skrill transfers are charged at 1.9% and outgoing transactions at 1.45%.
- Using 128-bit encryption, Neteller is one of the most secure (though by no means the most profitable) of all casino rewards payments. Neteller doesn’t charge any extra fees for sending money to online casinos and doesn’t block gambling-related transactions, but the 1.9% to €20 fee isn’t too attractive.
- Apple Pay and google pay casino uk. These well-known online casino payments work together with credit/debit cards connected to your mobile app account. There are no additional fees over and above the standard card fee, but neither Google Pay nor Apple Pay support the withdrawal of winnings.
- Physical prepaid cards have no advantages over virtual cards, except that you can put them in your pocket and then use them wherever and whenever you want. The EcoCard from EcoPayz arrives a few days after you apply.
- The best known single-use prepaid card is the Paysafecard, a 16-digit card that allows you to make a deposit by simply entering numbers into the appropriate box on the casino’s Cashier page. Paysafecard is serviced by over half a million fast payment casino outlets worldwide, holds up to £750 and sends up to £200 per transaction. Payment with Paysafecard is free, but the card is charged with a) a monthly service charge of 3% from the 13th month of use for active users + £5 for inactive users; b) a conversion fee if currency conversion occurs; c) a redemption fee of £6.
- Bitcoin. The most popular currencies in online casinos are bitcoin (BTC), etherium (ETH), bitcoin cash (BCH), litecoin (LTC), dogecoin (DOGE), tron (TRX) and Ripple (XRP). The main advantage is absolute anonymity during all financial transactions.
- Paying from your phone. Sms casino payment is quite a convenient way to fund your gaming account. There is complete confidentiality here as well, but unfortunately, you can’t withdraw your winnings to your phone.
How we choose the best payment methods?
Here are the most important criteria that we think are crucial when choosing a payment system:
- Coverage – International, regional, local or borderless payments (for example: Transferwise);
- Accessibility – Payments that allow 24/7 use, compared to online casino payment methods restricted to certain working days (e.g. bank days);
- Security – There are security procedures such as data protection and two-factor authentication, and payment processor prestige;
- Anonymity – The level of personal data that users must disclose in order to use the service;
- Speed – some casino deposits offer fast withdrawals and deposits, while others take longer to process (the ability to quickly make deposit 1 pound);
- Fees and limits – how much can you deposit daily, weekly and monthly if free or if there are service and/or exchange fees involved;
- Currency accepted – global payments casino in one currency and in multi-currency accounts.
Security in casino payment methods
All the best online casinos are safe to use as long as you make sure the casino you are using is licensed and trustworthy. If you’re not sure, take a look at some of our top casino reviews.
Here are some tips on how to stay safe when using a payment method casino:
- Use a strong password – When you first sign up for an account, you’ll need to choose a password. Make sure it is complex enough and preferably contains letters and numbers rather than common words. If you have trouble remembering your password, you can use a password manager to save it.
- Don’t reveal your personal information to anyone – some UK casinos have chat rooms where you can communicate with other players, and it is important to stay safe when using them. Make sure you don’t disclose personal information to anyone, as this could put you at risk.
- Use two-step authentication – some sites allow you to set up two-factor authentication as an extra layer of security. This means that even with your password, no one can access your account without your permission.
- Use a secure payment method – it’s important to make sure your payment method is secure and trustworthy. Any payment method you use for online payments should also have fraud protection. This way, if your details are ever stolen, your account will be frozen before your money is withdrawn.
The criteria you should consider when choosing a payment method include ease of use and feedback from other users. The most important thing is that you choose a payment method which is safe, reliable and suited to your needs. This means using a payment method that is legitimate, reliable and easy to use. After reading this article and researching all the payment methods listed, you are sure to find one that perfectly suits your gambling needs.
What do I need to look for when selecting my deposit method?
Evaluate the deposit method available based on speed of transaction, fees, privacy, security, and bonuses (if any). Once you have selected your deposit method, check to see if it is allowed for withdrawal. If so, the choice is made; if not, move on to selecting the best gateway for withdrawals using the criteria specified.
Keep in mind that the same deposit may use different fees, speeds and bonuses, depending on the casino and jurisdiction.
How many banking options do I really have?
There are only a few banking options that are not supported at all by the online casino operators, so it comes down to choosing the best one available. Casinos may offer several or several dozen gateways for deposits and withdrawals, but as a player you have to use the same algorithm:
Choose a casino you like.
Go to the "Cashier" section.
Evaluate which of the available banking options are the best in terms of transaction speed, fees, privacy, security and bonuses (if any).
Check whether the chosen deposit option supports withdrawals.
Complete the deposit or continue with your search.
Are all banking methods equally safe and acceptable?
Although different bank payment methods are thought to have different levels of security, casinos will generally only open deposit channels that they consider safe and secure.
Banking payments themselves, be it credit/debit/pre-paid cards, digital/mobile wallets or cryptocurrencies, leave almost no room for hacking or fraud by third parties, and always the untrustworthy casinos will compromise and cheat their users.
What are the fastest deposit methods?
The fastest deposit methods are e-wallets, cryptocurrency and electronic credit/debit cards. E-wallet transactions are processed instantly; cryptocurrency deposits take no more than 15 minutes for BTC and are faster for ETH, LTC, XRP and BCH; the speed of credit/debit card transfers depends on the bank (sometimes payment processors delay or block transactions, for example, if the money transfer falls into the potentially fraudulent category or violates payment provider rules). The slowest method of funding an account is a bank transfer of up to several working days.